Friday, November 03, 2006

Cubs Campfire Evening

Thursday night's campfire was a resounding success. Chil did a great job of the fire in the carpark, thanks to him. Thanks to Sharon for doing the food - hotdogs and soup and to Mr and Mrs Wroe for making the toffee apples. Thanks also to Spud for running most of the singing and all of the chants - we learned quite a lot of new ones tonight! Fluffy bunnies went down well too as did the marshmallow toasting!! Thanks also to Beth for bringing extra spooky sweets and to Baggy and Richard for their support, and to my fellow stalwarts Akela and Ian for their help too. I'll thank myself for doing the shopping and all the kids for turning up and getting in to the spirit of things. No, I'm not up for an Oscar - I just wanted to thank everyone for their contribution to the evening and practice my speech for when we win next weekend's swimming gala. I think we'll do it again next year!

We've had loads of fun this last few weeks with the Cubs Spooktacular, Beavers Campfire, Cubs & Scouts campfire and Scouts Ghostwalk. Just think, it's not long to the panto and Christmas party nights. All this excitement.... I'll have to go and lay down.

1 comment:

Spud said...

Just wanted to thank all you kids (young and old) for making Thursday's campfire very special!! You did well to pick up all the new songs, and you seemed to have fun! Big thanks to everyone involved in organising it!

Post a Comment