Friday, June 18, 2010

Beavers update

Just wanted to let you all know that it looks very likely that we will have a new Beaver Leader in place for September. I have been told there have been tears amongst my Beavers at my standing aside as Leader. Well, be assured, I'll still be part of the section as and when I'm needed.

The plan will stand as we set it out throughout the summer. That is, meet as we do now until the end of July, meet with Cubs on Thursdays through August and then back to Wednesdays as normal from 1st September. We will keep you updated as we go so you all know what's happening.

I just wanted to reassure you all that the Section will not be closing or winding down. We'll have a new intake of Beavers joining us from September.

Can I also take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has expressed sadness at my standing down as Beaver Leader and told me how much their child loves Beavers. It is lovely to hear. I have a great team with me who work hard to make our Section a fun place for Beavers to be. The new Leader brings with her a new enthusiasm and will inject a fresh approach to make us even better. Sara, Emma, Emily, Lynne and Steve are still very much involved and that will continue. I'll be there to help the transition process from Beavers to Cubs.

I have been part of this Group for 16 years now and am very proud of what we have all achieved over that time. We have grown bigger and better with each passing year and I look forward to the future and what it holds for myself, my fellow leaders and friends and our children. We couldn't do what we do without your support too.

Right, I'm off to the Scout shop now to get some badges!

No comments:

Post a Comment